A beautiful emerging space for creaTive change
We are building a unique cultural destination for creatives interested in positive social and environmental change. A learning lab, brain spa and creative retreat space seeping in history, surrounded by incredible nature and bursting with inspiration for regenerative design.
IN 2018 THE CO PROJECT CAMPUS HAS THE FOLLOWING FACILITIES
- We can comfortably accommodate 8 people with individual and twin rooms.
- We have a 4 bedroom restored 100+ year old farm house which sleeps 5 people (more with couples or shared beds). The configuration is 1 x master bedroom with queen bed, 1 x double bedroom, 1 x single bedroom and 1 x twin or queen bedroom.
- x3 on-farm double bed triangle sleeping pods (these are placed in the olive grove so you can sleep in the orchard!).
- We can arrange glamping style tents upon request.
- You can arrange your own tents on the farm.
- We have a beautiful big outdoor eating and cooking area which includes an outdoor kitchen, a hand built pizza oven and Portuguese BBQ. There is a long communal table that accommodates 25 people.
- Our classroom is in a converted grain storeroom with an amazing pitched roof and attached sundeck (perfect for morning yoga or afternoon wine). The classroom has a projector, ample power points for working, and easily accommodates 25 people as a workshop space, or 8 table work room.
- We have on-site vegetarian food prep who can provide you with healthy organic and vibrant meals so that you can focus on your experience (you're also welcome to cook some of your own meals if you wish!)
- We have a thriving summer vegetable garden for cooking fresh vegetarian food (our facility is 100% vegetarian)
- We source all of our food from the local region and offer seasional, vegtable-centric and organic food.
- We are 5 minutes from a beautiful Zêzere River, a fresh water swimming delight with a river beach for natural swimming and picnicking
- We have an onsite natural outdoor swimming pool for summer afternoon refreshing dips
- Tomar is full of rich cultural history with the 600 year old convent and castle along with winding old streets and cute cafes and restaurants
- We can arrange wine tasting, farm visits, olive oil production tours and many other culturally rich experiences in our local area
- The beach is a 45 minute drive from the farm
- Friday morning trips to the fantastic local farmers market for fresh produce, cheese and wine
- We have farm animals and an olive and citrus grove to explore
Experience and Learning
- Gardening, farm work and experiencing natural systems at play
- Permiculture and organic food production design
- Sustainable regeneration and restoration
- Systems thinking and sustainability in action
- Dynamic UnSchool workshop sessions
- We work with a diversity of budgets and can accommodate different levels of experience design, so reach out and we will get back to you with a concept and quote
- The farm is 1 hour 20 mins drive from Lisbon airport and 2 hours from Porto airport
- The train from Lisbon to Tomar is 2 hours and 3.5 hours from Porto
- We can work to accommodate multiple levels of on-site accessibility if you need wheelchair access
- Please reach out so we can work with you on accessibility needs