A beautiful emerging space for creaTive change in the PORTUGUESE wine countryside
We are building a unique cultural destination for creatives interested in positive social and environmental change. A learning lab, brain spa and creative retreat space seeping in history, surrounded by incredible nature and bursting with inspiration for regenerative design.
IN 2018 THE CO PROJECT farm CAMPUS HAS THE FOLLOWING FACILITIES
- We can comfortably accommodate 12 people with individual, twin and dorm rooms on the CO Project Farm.
- We have a restored our 100+ year old farm house across 2 levels, upstairs has 4 bedrooms and downstairs we have the beautiful open plan bunkhouse with 6 beds.
- The 4 bedrooms upstairs sleeps 5 people (more with couples or shared beds). The configuration is 1 x master bedroom with queen bed, 1 x double bedroom, 1 x single bedroom and 1 x twin or queen bedroom.
- The downstairs enormous bunkhouse sleeps 6 with private kitchen and lounge. The configuration is 2 x double bunk beds and 1 x single bunk bed.
- We also have 1 adorable double bed triangle sleeping cabin (placed in the olive grove so you can sleep in the orchard and watch the stars at night!).
- You can also arrange your own tents on the farm and we have local partners who have beautiful houses to rent if you have extra people
- The guesthouse has 2 bathrooms, 1 communial lounge area, sunroom and 1 kicthen.
the full Experience
- We have a beautiful big outdoor eating and cooking area which includes an outdoor kitchen, a hand built pizza oven and Portuguese BBQ. There is a long communal table that accommodates 12-25 people.
- Our classroom is in a converted grain storeroom with an amazing pitched roof and attached sundeck (perfect for morning yoga or afternoon wine). The classroom has a projector, ample power points for working, and easily accommodates 25 people as a workshop space, or 4 table work room.
- We have on-site vegetarian food prep who can provide you with healthy organic and vibrant meals so that you can focus on your experience (you're also welcome to cook some of your own meals if you wish!)
- We have a thriving summer vegetable garden for cooking fresh vegetarian food (our facility is 100% vegetarian)
- We work with local partners to source all of our cheese and wine food from the local region and offer seasonal, vegetable-centric and organic food.
- Onsite we have games and other recreational activities as well as hammocks and many places to sit, read and relax.
- We have a growing library of books specific to the fields of creative change, sustainable design, systems thinking and cognitive sciences.
- We are 5 minutes from a beautiful Zêzere River, a fresh water swimming delight with a river beach for natural swimming and picnicking
- We have an onsite natural outdoor swimming pool for summer afternoon refreshing dips
- Tomar is full of rich cultural history with the 900 year old convent and castle along with winding old streets and cute cafes and restaurants
- We can arrange wine tasting, farm visits, olive oil production tours and many other culturally rich experiences in our local area
- The beach is a 45 minute drive from the farm
- Friday morning trips to the fantastic local farmers market for fresh produce, cheese and wine
- We have farm animals and an olive and citrus grove to explore
- We boarder a natural cork and pine forest perfect for forest walks and nature immersions
Experience and Learning
- Gardening, farm work and experiencing natural systems at play
- Permaculture and organic food production design
- Sustainable regeneration and restoration
- Systems thinking and sustainability in action
- Dynamic UnSchool workshop sessions
- We work with a diversity of budgets and can accommodate different levels of experience design, so reach out and we will get back to you with a concept and quote
- Natural swimming at the river
- On site swimming in our natural swimming pool
- Animal care and interaction (we have goats, sheep, chickens, ducks, peacocks and the most adorable donkey!)
- Nature walking imersions in the pine and cork forest around the farm
- The farm is 1 hour 20 mins drive from Lisbon airport and 2 hours from Porto airport
- The train from Lisbon to Tomar is 2 hours and 3.5 hours from Porto
- It is very easy to get to the farm from Tomar via taxi, costs 15 eures and takes 20 minutes
- We can work to accommodate multiple levels of on-site accessibility if you need wheelchair access
- Please reach out so we can work with you on accessibility needs
OUR WORKSHOP package
We are experts at experience design and have created a 3 day workshop package that offers an incredible brain spa immersion. PLease reach out if you would like the full workshop information pack. At this stage we only offer this 3 day package that can be offering to you as a facilitator or can be delivered with one of our skilled practitioners.
Night before arrival: we offer the night before as a pre arrival evening for facilitators and guests to arrive with ease anytime between 5-9pm the evening before the workshop starts. Dinner provided.
DAY 1: Breakfast, morning session, farm lunch, afternoon session, afternoon walk or lake swim, group dinner activity
DAY 2: Breakfast, morning session, farm or picnic lunch, afternoon session, late afternoon activity, dinner challenge, after dinner fireside chat.
DAY 3: Breakfast, Morning session, lunch, closing session, pack up and departure at 3pm.
If we are facilitating, the session topics are tailored to your groups goals and focus on our core knowledge pillars of systems, sustainability and design. We also cover leadership, the circular economy, cognitive sciences, team building, creative confidence and learning from nature.
If you would like to hire the facility to run your own facilitated workshop, we welcome that but please be mindful that all programs on the CO Project Farm need to be inline with our mission to advance leadership and creative solutions for a sustainable and regenerative future. Private hire is also based on availability.