RECHARGE YOUR CREATIVITY AT OUR brain spa and living laboratory campus in Portugal
The COProject residencies are dedicated 3, 5 or 7 day creative retreats to unwind, reflect, create, regenerate, build and contribute to the emerging field of creative change making as a mode of activating positive change.
Who is this for?
Want to reflect on your career, develop a project, start a book, build your creative confidence, regenerate a burnt out mind, rejuvenate your creativity or simple carve out some time to be in nature? Then this program is for you! The UnSchool Creative Retreats at the CO farm are the perfect way to jump start your 2018 project or professional development.
We are running a 2018 spring/summer residency program at the emerging UnSchool brain spa campus, in beautiful sunny Central Portugal. Designed for professionals wanting to enhance, build, reflect, create or collaborate their career, personal and project development in creative change-making. Our lightly curated 3, 5, or 7 day retreats are designed to help you make change.
Our team will tailor the experience to your personal needs, with online and self-directed learning in-situ on our farm, with recreational activities, learning experiences and direct mentorship from various rotating mentors. You can now apply for April through to July residencies.
- We are offering these small unique creative residency programs from April until September 2018 on the CO project farm campus.
- We take a maximum of 6 people at a time in our beautifully restored 100 year old farm guesthouse, and have designed this offering as a regeneration and creative focused residency in a retreat format.
- You choose a 3/5/7 day program, and once you have applied, we will tailor the learning experience to your needs based on your residency objectives and learning goals.
- The costs cover your private room, all your healthy vegetable-centric meals everyday and all on-site learning and cultural activities.
- There are daily learning and recreational activities you can opt in or out of, lots of beautiful nature around to enjoy, and we've converted a fabulous light filled grain store room into a work space for focused project work.
- We have excellent wifi, or you can ask for a digital detox!
- You need to get yourself to Tomar in Portugal, and we do the rest! It's an easy train ride from Lisbon or a simple drive from Porto. We will send you a welcome pack with all the details on how to get here and pick you up from the train.
dates for 2018
We have dedicated residency weeks for our spring/summer program. The below start and end dates are the weeks we have available for you to come:
- April 25 - May 8th
- May 18 - May 23 (1 spot left)
- June 8 - June 15
- July 13 (FULL)
- July 26 - August 2
- August 10 - August 17
What We Provide
- A private room in our beautifully renovated 100 year old guesthouse
- 3 nutritious vegetarian meals a day (we do most of the cooking, so you can do the creating!)
- A steady supply of delicious local wine and cheese
- Non-stop french press coffee
- Studio/office space to create in
- Excellent internet connection
- An inspiring and beautifully peaceful landscape in which to create your project
- Access to one of our online learning lab knowledge packages to learn positive creative Disruption (value $290)
- One on one sessions can be organized our various rotating mentors.
- Access to our global creative change-maker UnSchool alumni community
- Weekly cultural exploration trips around the region (lake trips, castle visits, beaches, and so much more!)
Once a week we head to the local farmers markets to stock up on local goats cheese and fresh bread to create brain nourishing meals, which you are welcome to join us on.
Join us this year at our beautiful nature-based learning laboratory. You will be among the olive and citrus groves, perfect for relaxing and regenerating your creative brain!
We work hard to offer these experiences at a rate that is accessible, but that also supports our growing mission as the UnSchool Association is a registered not-for-profit. The investment covers all on-farm expenses (you will need to get yourself to central Portugal yourself) and also your pre and post online learning lab access.
- 3 day program: €350
- 5 day program: €550
- 7 day program: €750
- Equity access scholarship discounts can be arranged for very clear demonstrated need, but due to the many financial costs associated with running these programs it's preferable that you help to support your learning experience.
- We have some creative exchange offerings too, available to apply for on the application.
More details about the program
Come to the creative change makers residency in Portugal and explore how to make change, activate leadership, unlock purpose and contribute to creative change-making as a practice. We accept up to 4 people at a time, and try to curate collaborative cross-over potential. On the application you can indicate if you are interested in more individual reflective time, or more collaborative creative time.
Our community is full of like-minded creative rebels all working towards a positive and creative career/project during their stay.
Residencies may overlap, so you will have access to a diverse set of minds and inspiration.
Spots are kept to a small number (maximum 4 at one time) in order to maintain the peaceful setting.
The farm is quite large, with many places to walk, sit, lie in a hammock, swim at the local river) and get away from it all.
While there will be others on the property, it's not hard to find a lot of quiet alone time by yourself either.
We are only able to accept residents while we don't have programs running, so please indicate a few dates you would be interested in coming when applying
We tailor the program to your learning/development needs and once you are accepted we will develop a learning journey with you, which will include tailed digital content and mentorship.
Longer residencies can be arranged upon request.
What to expect for your stay
We offer beautiful food and daily farm based experiences, a sunlit workroom for developing your projects or learning more. Take an afternoon walk to the local village for a beer or to the freshwater river for a swim. Fridays we visit the local farmers markets for farm fresh food shopping.
Every weekend we arrange a local cultural experience from organic wine tasting to discovering how olive oil is made, each experience is hyper local and loads of fun. We leave you to work on your projects, but offer you the opportunities to join in walks and other things during your stay.
The Process Snapshot
- Apply and we will connect with you within 2 weeks with a response on dates and availability
- Once accepted you will receive the welcome pack with all your planning and residency details
- We provide your access to learning materials in our online learning lab
- You arrive in Portugal for your stay, and after the residency you will join our alumni community